Connolly for House
And now because you are the best designer they have ever worked with, your oldest and best client insists that you design their website.
No sweat - we can help guilde you through the subtle and not so subtle "rules" of web design.
Because each website is a unique project with requirements specific to the subject business or organization, there is no generic 'price list' for our services. We prefer to get a feel for the site and understand the elements required for each page. That information allows us to provide an informed, accurate estimate.
But even if you understand that philosophy and agree completely, you're still looking for a ballpark figure, right? OK, we'll do our best...
Page Layout and Programming
This is the central process of taking a design and turning it into a cross-browser, cross-platform, standards-compliant website. Depending on the size of your project, prices will vary.
- A small, static website, html only with less than 10 pages and a form or two, or perhaps an RSS feed; to us this is your basic brochure-style website. Average price range: $1,200 - $2,000
- If your client has a medium-sized static website, up to about 30 pages, with html and a few forms, we consider this a medium-sized project, and our average price range is: $2,500 - $5,000
- Websites that require database functionality start at $2,500 for the simplest sites and increase depending on the size of the site and the level of programming complexity. See our section on Database Development/Web Application pricing (below) for additional details.
- You get the idea; the more pages and the more complex the programming required, the more investment required to complete the website.
Database Development/Web Applications
Web Applications are websites that, in addition to looking great, have additional functionality. Their simplicity or complexity ranges from the very basic - perhaps a list of events that is maintained on the site via a database - to the extremely complex; sites such as ecommerce sites, travel reservation systems or social networking sites.
Web Applications are what Digistuff does best; we love learning all about your customer's business process, determining what is needed to achieve success, and turning our conclusions into the perfect custom web application, just for your client! See our Web Application page for additional information about Web Applications. The most simple of these sites start at $2,500 and complex sites can cost upwards of $20,000.
Search Engine Optimization is a broad term that encompasses many different services:
- Analysis of the client's current site, to see where it ranks in the search engines, and learn how it's current optimization is functioning.
- It is the process of building site pages so they are easily readable by search engines such as google, yahoo and live.
- It includes providing information to content providers that will help them to create pages that are concisely themed and optimized for the keywords targeted on that page.
- It is providing information to designers so that pages are designed with SEO in mind.
- It includes competitive research to see where the competition ranks in the search engines and devise a plan on how to achieve SEO success in the client's particular market.
- If the client needs assistance determining what keywords should be targeted, SEO includes research and assistance in this area.
- It is building incoming links to a site, promoting it via Web 2.0 avenues, and/or training the client in how this is done.
- Most importantly, it is developing strategies to keep content fresh and current so the site maintains good search engine presence.
SEO services are key to getting your site found, and it is highly recommended that they be incorporated from the very beginning of website planning stages. Our pricing depends on how much SEO you would like us to do, and includes 3 stages of the SEO process.
- Stage 1 - Analysis - Includes current site evaluation, keyword research, competitive research, design and content SEO guidelines, and SEO recommendations report
- Price range: $900 - $1,500 depending on the size of the site.
- Stage 2 - Implementation - Page optimization including meta tag inclusion, content update samples, and programming of any agreed upon content update strategies
- Price range: $300 - $350 per page optimized.
- This price DOES NOT include any redesign necessary to implement agreed-upon SEO strategies. If necessary, we will provide a quote from one of our design partners.
- Stage 3 - Ongoing SEO - Includes ongoing link-building, Web 2.0 promotion, and content update implementation as needed, plus search engine placement monitoring and reporting
- Price range: $250 - $280 per month per optimized page.
There are many different CMS options available, depending on client requirements. Pricing varies from a one-time fee for development of a custom CMS (generally this is a databased system - a Web Application - with various permissions built in so only the right people update specific pages or sections) to the purchase of commericial CMS software such as Adobe Contribute.
In the case of a commercial software purchase, there is a monthly maintenance fee to Digistuff. This fee is to create and keep your permissions and page templates up to date so content writers can always access and update pages easily. The monthly maintenance fee varies with the size of the client organization, and starts at just $50/month.
If you are a customer looking to get a website developed, see our Design Information Page. If you are a design firm, the same page outlines our philosophy regarding a successful designer-developer partnership!